Friday, May 12, 2006

Miumiu and Sneezy




Although it does not show, I am overwhelmed! Why, you may ask.

Oh, it's nothing big. It's just that, beginning yesterday I officially became a foster parent. Not your ordinary foster parent. I'm fostering kittens who are too young to be adopted and in need of a lot of love for growing up. They are kittens from Toronto Humane Society. So, yeah, I'm temporarily their parent. A single parent you may say.. Just kidding.

My first two foster kittens arrived home yesterday evening. In a cardboard box with "Toronto Humane Society" written on the front and the back. Along the way to home, I carried this cardboard box. With two gray kittens inside. With their white noses sniffing from the air holes created for them to breathe. Catching people's attention, what creature could be inside that box?

I was alone on the way and I was nervous. Afraid that they might get sick because of oxygen deficiency.

But I was wrong. They're pretty strong. They even play around with their toy plastic ball on the way. Phew, I was worried for nothing.

At home, I frantically prepared their sleeping corner, filled the newly-bought metal bowls with fresh filtered water and cat food, and tried making some barricade. The barricade did not work. I forgot how cats, even tiny kittens are really good at climbing up and down any barrier. Rather than seeing htem hurt themselves trying to jump over the barricade, I removed it immediately.

Aww.. it's so cute that they found a tiny corner atop the boxes I initally piled for their barricade. I covered the boxes with my old towel and they decided to make that area their sleeping bed. Not long after wandering around, inspecting the new space, they both climbed to their bed and cuddled together to sleep.

As the first-time foster parent, I was worried the whole night that something would happen to them. They are only five to six weeks old and supposedly able to eat on their own. However, they barely touched their food. One of them ate a scant amount of wet food and the other only ate when I fed her. Should I be worried about this? Gonna call the Humane Society soon.

One important thing I've forgotten to share with all of you. These newcomers are very active and always playing around while they're not asleep. As one of thme was cheerfully dogding the other's paw, I noticed something weird. Why is one of her back leg seemingly shorter than the others? I gawked and gasped. She was born missing one lower back leg! She's walking in a Captain Hook style. I felt sad and pitied her. On the other hand, she doesn't seems to be feeling like something's missing. She's just as cheerful as her sister.

On the happy side, they have lovely eye colors! The one I just mentioned has blue eyes and the smaller one who always cries has green eyes.

Yup! I've named them! [though I'm not sure if I can] Just for easy reference. Sneezey for the one with blue eyes because she's been sneezing since she came here. And MiuMiu for the one with green eyes because this lil kitten is always crying for attention [I think she's still too young to be separated from her mom].




Psss... they are sleeping right now..

1 Comments:

Blogger Bombo said...

they're sooo cute!!!

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home